The elegant red and cream-coloured building is home to a prestigious and Cuba's largest cigar factory. Its Neo-Classical facade was founded in 1845 by a Catalan buisinessman Jaime Partagas Ravelo who was the first person to use wooden barrels to ferment the leaves in order to heighten the aroma.
Dozens of people work in the aroma-filled interior. Nowadays, there is no longer someone reading aloud to alleviate the monotony of the work by entertatining and educating the workers, as was the case in the 19th century.
The factory is one of the most visited working factory in Cuba.